Cartagena is a beautiful walled city that is almost a gateway to South America. Located in the northern part of Colombia, it has a very European feel to it. Always warm and inviting Cartagena is known for it’s ‘magical realism’.
Two day itinerary
- Walk the walls of old city Cartagena. Get lost exploring Centro, San Diego neighborhoods (~3-4 hours)
- Lunch at Sombrero Ceviche
- Spend time at the beach
- Dinner within the walled city. Discover the night life (which starts only after 10 pm)
- Half day trip to Volcan Totumo (read more here)
- Food tour with Juan or Kristy (Cartagena Connections) (~3 hours)
- Continue walking through Getsemani neighborhood.